- Prepare the chestnuts for stuffing trying to keep
them whole or in the largest pieces possible.
- Sauté the onion in 3 tablespoons of PARVE margarine
- Add the liver and brown.
- Stir in parve creamer.
- Bring to a boil and add the chestnuts.
- Cook for 1 minute and add pine nuts, raisins,
cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of PARVE margarine, salt, pepper,
parsley, and the bread crumbs.
- Stir to combine well.
- Place stuffing inside the turkey / chicken and place
in oven for the correct time to cook bird.
YIELDS: approximately 5 cups.
CHEF'S NOTE: Calculate 1/2 to 3/4 cup of stuffing
per pound of bird. The above recipe should be adequate for
a 7-10 pound turkey or chicken.