PECAN PIE WITH BOURBON CRÈME
25 MINUTES BAKE
45 MINUTES MAKES
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked piecrust or frozen
- 1½ cups pecan halves or large pecan
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In 3-quart
saucepan, cook maple syrup, granulated sugar, and butter or margarine
over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook
5 minutes, stirring.
- In large bowl, with whisk, beat eggs
slightly; slowly whisk in hot syrup mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- Place unbaked crust on cookie sheet. Place
pecans in crust. Pour syrup mixture over pecans.