- 1 deep 9-inch pie shell
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar, more or less depending
on personal preference for tartness
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp oil or melted unsalted butter or
- ¹/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (graded large), separated
- ½ cup (from a 6-ounce can) frozen
lemonade concentrate, defrosted
- 1 cup milk (for dairy) or water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prebake the
pie shell for 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the
sugar, flour, oil or butter or margarine, salt, and egg yolks. Beat in the
lemonade concentrate. Add the milk or water, beating slowly.
In a clean bowl with clean beaters, beat the
egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the whites into the lemonade
mixture. Pour the filling into the prebaked pie shell. Return to the oven
and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is firm and golden.
Kosher Cookery by Frances R. AvRutick