1. Place the chicken thighs and
water into a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over high
heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15
3. Skim off any foam that floats
to the surface.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil
in a large skillet over low heat.
5. Stir in the onions, and cook
covered until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
6. DO NOT let the onions brown.
7. Add the chicken to the onions
along with 3 cups of the chicken broth liquid.
8. Stir in the prunes, paprika,
bay leaves, salt and pepper.
9. Return to a simmer.
10. Cover and cook until the prunes
are tender and the flavors have meshed, 15 to 25 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice