ROSEMARY-LEMON CORNISH HENS WITH
- 2 Tsp crushed dried rosemary
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 (1¼ pound) Cornish Hens
- ½ lemon, halved and divided
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups cubed Yukon gold or red potato
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine crushed dried rosemary, ¼
tsp salt, and ¹/8 tsp pepper.
- Remove and discard giblets from
hens. Rinse hens with cold water, pat dry. Remove skin, trim
excess fat. Working with 1 hen at a time, place 1 lemon piece in
the cavity of hen; tie ends of legs together with twine. Lift
wing tips up and over back; tuck under hen. Repeat procedure
with remaining hen and lemon piece. Rub hens with rosemary
mixture. Place hens, breast sides up, on a broiler pan coated
with cooking spray.
- Toss potato with oil, sprinkle
with ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Arrange the potato around
- Insert a meat thermometer into
meaty part of a thigh, making sure not to touch bone. Remove
twine. Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until thermometer
registers 180 degrees F.
servings (serving size: 1 hen and about 3/4 cup potatoes).