ROASTED CHICKEN LIVERS - KALISERKET
KODET KSESA (KURDISTAN):
Note: Charring liver slightly over or
under an open flame makes it kosher. It is the device of ritual.
- 2 pounds chicken livers
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 1 pound onions (about 3), sliced
- 2 cups thin-sliced celery ribs and leaves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Char the chicken livers under a flame in a broiler or over
charcoal for 3 minutes. Cut them into ½-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and stir-fry the onions over
moderate heat for 3 minutes. Add the livers, celery, allspice
and pepper. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, add the salt, and stir-fry over moderate heat
for 2 minutes more.
Serve warm. Serves
8 with other dishes.
Cooking by Copeland Marks.