It comprises a small lake with an island in the centre, called Robinson's island. It is considered by many as one of the finest parks in Brussels.
In 1877, the chalet Robinson was built on the lake's island. The chalet was destroyed by a fire in 1991. The decision has been made in 2006 to rebuild it and it was scheduled to open to public again in summer 2008. The surface of the wooden building will approximately 300 sq meters, with a restaurant on the ground floor and a ballroom on the first floor. An electrical ferry boat will link the island to the shores of the lake.
The main road around the lake has been closed to traffic on Saturdays and Sundays since the 1990s.
JEWISH AND KOSHER BELGIUM:
- BRUSSELS ATTRACTIONS
- CHABAD CENTERS
- GANENU JEWISH-ISRAELI SCHOOL
- HILLEL & OTHER JEWISH STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- HISTORY OF THE JEWS OF BELGIUM
- HOTELS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE FROM A SYNAGOGUE
- JEWISH CAMPS
- JEWISH EDUCATION
- JEWISH LINKS
- JEWISH ORGANIZATIONS
- KASHRUT AUTHORITIES
- KOSHER FOOD & RESTAURANTS
- ON THE NET
- RABBI CHAIM KREISWIRTH, FORMER CHIEF RABBI OF ANTWERP, זצ"ל
- בלגיה למטייל הישראלי